10th November 2019
Media Release – 11 November 2019
MINISTER FOR DEFENCE INDUSTRY TO SPEAK AT SUBMARINE CONFERENCE
Australia’s Minister for Defence Industry, Hon Melissa Price MP, will speak at Asia Pacific’s leading forum on submarines, next week’s 5th Submarine Science, Technology and Engineering Conference 2019 (SubSTEC5).
SubSTEC5, which is convened by the Submarine Institute of Australia (SIA), runs from Monday to Thursday of next week (18-21 November) in Fremantle.
“The addition of Minister Price to the program enhances the quality of the presentations at SubSTEC5,” said SIA Executive Director, David Nicholls.
“Minister Price will speak at the Opening Reception of the conference, which is taking place on Monday night of next week.
“Anyone who is still interested in attending is urged to secure their tickets to SubSTEC5 because bookings are about to close.”
Other confirmed speakers at the conference include:
- Hon Mark McGowan MLA, Premier of Western Australia;
- Hon Richard Marles MP, Shadow Minister for Defence;
- Hon Paul Papalia CSC MLA, Western Australian Minister for Defence Issues;
- Rear Admiral Gregory Sammut AO, CSC, RAN, General Manager Submarines, Capability Acquisition and Sustainment Group, Department of Defence;
- Rear Admiral Mark Hammond AM, RAN, Deputy Chief of Navy (representing the Chief of Navy);
- Captain Doug Theobald CSC, RAN, Commander, Submarine Force, Royal Australian Navy;
- Commander Matt Butcher RAN, Collins Class Lifecycle Engineering Officer, Royal Australian Navy;
- Dr David Kershaw, Chief of Maritime Division, Defence, Science and Technology Group, Department of Defence;
- General (Armament) Yannick Cailliez, Direction Generale de l’Armement (French government defence agency), France;
- Mr Ian Irving, Chief Executive, Naval Shipbuilding College;
- Mr Rodney Brown, Chief Engineer, Collins class submarines, ASC;
- Captain Amit Ray, Indian Navy;
- Mr Hans Egonsson, Program Manager, FMV (Swedish Defence Materiel Administration);
- Mr Douglas Stevens, Chairman, Institute of Marine Engineering, Science and Technology, Victoria Division;
- Mr Rex Hubbard, Chairman, Society for Underwater Technology (Perth branch); and
- Commodore Bob Trotter OAM, RAN (retired), conference dinner speaker.
The complete program for SubSTEC5 can be found on the SIA website by clicking here.
For further information about SubSTEC5, including how to register to attend through the SIA website, please click here.
Any media representatives who plan to attend the conference and haven’t yet registered should contact the SIA.