Media Release – 24 October 2019
LESS THAN A MONTH UNTIL ASIA-PACIFIC’S LEADING FORUM ON SUBMARINES
It’s less than a month until Asia-Pacific’s leading forum on submarines, with the Submarine Institute of Australia 5th Submarine Science, Technology and Engineering Conference 2019 (SubSTEC5) to take place in Fremantle from 18-21 November.
The theme for SubSTEC5 is “innovation and investment in the sub-sea environment”.
“The event has drawn together a first-class line-up of presenters, resulting in strong ticket sales,” said Submarine institute of Australia (SIA) Executive Director, David Nicholls.
“The SIA is expecting in excess 300 delegates from across Australia and the world to attend.”
Confirmed presenters include:
- Hon Mark McGowan MLA, Premier of Western Australia;
- Hon Richard Marles MP, Shadow Minister for Defence;
- Hon Paul Papalia CSC MLA, (WA) Minister for Defence Issues;
- Rear Admiral Gregory Sammut AO, CSC, RAN, General Manager Submarines, Capability Acquisition and Sustainment Group, Department of Defence;
- Dr David Kershaw, Chief of Maritime Division, Defence, Science and Technology Group, Department of Defence;
- Commander Matt Butcher RAN, Class Lifecycle Engineering Officer, Royal Australian Navy;
- General (Armament) Yannick Cailliez, Direction generale de l’armement (French government defence agency), France;
- Mr Rodney Brown, Chief Engineer, Collins class submarines, ASC;
- Captain Amit Ray, Indian Navy;
- Mr Hans Egonsson, Program Manager, FMV (Swedish Defence Materiel Administration); and
- Mr Rex Hubbard, Chairman, Society for Underwater Technology.
In addition, the SIA has received an excellent response to its call for conference papers.
Tickets to SubSTEC5 can be purchased through the SIA website, while sponsorship opportunities are also still available.