3rd November 2016
Media Release – 3 November 2016
TWO WEEKS UNTIL MAJOR FORUM ON SUBMARINES
It’s less than two weeks until Asia-Pacific’s leading forum on submarines, the Submarine Institute of Australia’s (SIA) eighth biennial conference.
This year’s event is being held in Canberra from 14-16 November.
“National and international figures, including political leaders, headline the list of presenters at the conference,” said SIA Executive Director, David Nicholls.
“The theme of this year’s conference is ‘From Collins to the Future Submarine – the challenge of sustaining an effective submarine capability’. With investment in defence capability in Australia at its highest ever level, this year’s SIA conference will discuss and debate implementation of this significant commitment.”
Speakers at the SIA conference include:
To register before the event sells out, visit the SIA website – www.submarineinstitute.com.
- Senator the Hon Marise Payne, Australia’s Minister for Defence;
- Hon Christopher Pyne MP, Minister for Defence Industry;
- Hon Richard Marles MP, Shadow Minister for Defence;
- Vice Admiral Tim Barrett AO, CSC, RAN, Chief of Navy;
- Commodore Peter Scott CSC, RAN, Director General Submarines, Navy Headquarters;
- Mr John Coles CB FRAEng, Leader, Coles Review;
- Rear Admiral Michael E. Jabaley USN, Program Executive Officer for Submarines, US Naval Sea Systems Command;
- Rear Admiral (E) Jacques Cousquer, Director, Asia and Pacific, DGA, France; and
- Mr Sean Costello, Chief Executive Officer, DCNS Australia.